Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Week of Japan

So I'm here back in Vancouver reflecting on the wonderful experiences I had in Japan this year. It was truly one of the most unforgettable and life changing two months. There were so many inspirational people - young and old, who have changed my perspective of what it means to help others and how one person can really make a big difference. I've realized that there are still people out there in this compassion fatigued world that are putting themselves on the front line to tackle the dirt and debris with their own two hands. Many of them are inexperienced students doing whatever it takes to do their part. I've had countless encounters with the local survivors and heard stories that will stay with my as long as I live. The things I've seen, heard, and felt just can't be experienced through the T.V. screen - and maybe more difficult through a computer monitor - but I hope that this blog has acted as a reminder that there are still people in Japan who need our support, now more than ever. It is my job and jobs of everyone who have volunteered in Tohoku to keep sharing our experiences so that we never forget the ones that were lost and keep supporting the ones who've survived.



Week 1 YF3 x Tokyo Disaster Relief Network
Minamisanriku, Miyagi

Week 1 YF3 x Tokyo Disaster Relief Network
Week 2 YF3 x NICCO
Kesennuma, Miyagi


Week 2 YF3 x NICCO

Week 3 Individual volunteer
Tagajo, Miyagi
Week 3 Individual Voluteer
Tagajo, Miyagi
Sendai, Miyagi
Thank you to Sarah for letting me stay at her house for a week.




Week 4 YF3 x Asobiba
Kesennuma, Miyagi

Week 4 YF3 x Asobiba
Kesennuma, Miyagi
Week 4 YF3 x Asobiba
Kesennuma, Miyagi

 So I'd really like to say thank you to everyone that's helped me accomplish what I did this summer...
and of those people I'd like to say a special thanks to Clint and Aimi for letting me stay with them in Tokyo. Without you guys I wouldn't of been able to go back and forth between volunteering and Tokyo... and I wouldn't have had half as much fun as I did, thank you.


























and of course a very big thank you for everyone that read my blog this summer! My plan is to continue fundraising and doing events in Vancouver to support Tohoku. So please stay tuned as I will post more information in the near future.




~life is what you make it 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment